PU ADMISSION ELIGIBILITY :
Candidates who have successfully passed a SSLC / 10th Examination (or equalent there to) and complying with the eligibility criteria laid down by respective Boards of Studies of the course is eligible to seek admission to various Pre-University programmes.
Provision for Transfer:Normally there shall not be any transfer of admissions of candidates from one college to another within the jurisdiction. However, in extraordinary circumstances, the transfer shall be permitted with the mutual consent of both (the admitting and the sending) Colleges and on payment of fees as per the norms and fulfillment of admission criteria of the admitting college. The terms of such transfer shall be as decided by the equivalence committee.
PU ADMISSION PROCEDURE :
• The college admission process will commence from Last week of May every year.
1) The Admissions for First Year PU programmes will be held as follows:
• The admissions will be as per availability of seats and will be on first come first serve basis for the first attempt candidates securing minimum 40 percent in the relevant stream with a relaxation of 5 percent for SC/ST/OBC candidates. Other applicants will be kept in waiting list and the selection list of wait listed candidates will be made available in the Admission Section or displayed on the College Notice Board on first week of June. The reservation of seats to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH candidates will be as per the norms of Government of Karnataka.
• I phase: First Week of June – Only acceptance and scrutiny of forms. Fee has to be paid after confirming the admission.
• II phase: Second week of June – along with the payment of fees.
• III Phase: Third week of June – For Wait listed Candidates and pending cases.
• IV & last Phase: Last week of June onwards till the last day of admission as per PU Board, Bengaluru guidelines only for Vacant Seats, if any.
A) In the case of student passing from SSLC Board, Bengaluru :
a. The candidate has to produce the statement of marks of SSLC / 10th and collect an application form from the students’ counter by paying the stipulated fee (Rs.25/-).
b. The candidate should fill up the admission form. The duly filled form should be submitted to the Admission Committee pasting the recent colour photograph along with all other required documents as soon as possible.
c. The documents to be attached:
• One Self Attested Photo Copy of each of the following:
1. SSLC Original/Provisional Marks Sheet
2. Caste/Income/PH Certificate and other relevant documents issued by the competent Authority.
3. First page of the Pass Book containing details of Bank Account of the student.
4. Adhar Card, if not received, Enrollment/Acknowledgement slip.
5. Documents recording the break in study, if any.
6. Three Recent Passport size Colour Photographs.
d. After Scrutiny, if recommended, the candidate will be orally informed or a subsequent Reporting date will be given. The candidate, whose case is not recommended will be kept on the waiting list and will be informed about the next date of contacting the Admission Committee or the Principal to get the status of selection. The candidate failing to get admission will be given other options, if available in the college.
e. On positive recommendation or selection, Immediately the candidate has to contact the Admission Committee and the Admission Section of the College.
f. After getting the recommendation of the Admission Committee and Payment note from the Admission Section, the candidate has to Meet the Principal accompanied by Parent / Legal Guardian for the allotment of seat.
g. Finally, the selected candidate has to Pay the prescribed fee at IDBI Bank through challan and obtain the receipts for the paid amount. The receipt should be retained by the candidate for all future references
h. The students, who would like to borrow the original documents for counseling sessions of professional courses, have to request the same in writing with an undertaking to the effect that he/she will submit the original documents as and when asked by the college or within one month of the date of admission.
i. Identity Card will be issued in due course after the re-opening of the college.
2) For Second Year PU Admission :
• The candidate has to Procure an application form and prospectus or Information Bulletin from the Stores Section or the Students’ Counter by paying the stipulated amount of fee (Rs.50). The student has to submit the duly completed form countersigned by the Parent/Guardian, along with self attested Photo copies of the Statement of Marks of the last examinations answered and two latest Colour Photographs to the Admission Committee pasting one on the admission form along with all other required documents from Second week of June or between Third and Fourth week of June.
• After Scrutiny, if recommended, the candidate will be orally informed or a subsequent Reporting date will be given.
• The candidate failing to get admission will be given other option/s, if available in the college.
• After getting the Recommendation of the Admission Committee and Payment note from the Admission Section, the candidate has to Meet the Principal for the allotment of seat. Finally, the selected candidate has to Pay the prescribed fee, at the Cash Counter and obtain the receipts for the paid amount.
• The Fee Receipt should be retained by the candidate for all future references, refunds, etc.
• Identity Card will be issued in due course after re-opening of the college.
• In all cases of cancellation, the enrollment fees shall be refunded in full unless the fees have already been remitted to the department.
• Whenever a dispute arises either due to interpretations or genuineness of the case, the matter shall be forwarded for consideration to the board and decision of the Principal will be final and binding on all.